PDA

View Full Version : Fusion User Events Tomorrow in LA

donovan
22nd September 2008, 17:12
Los Angeles Fusion User Group Meeting

The 2nd Los Angeles Fusion User Group will be meeting on Tuesday September 23rd at RFX between 7:00 and 9:00. Doors open at 6:30 so you can mingle and grab a quick bite. As with the first meeting, eyeon will provide food and beverages.

RFX is located at 748 Seward Street Hollywood, California 90038

I just returned from IBC, and we had the pleasure of showing shots created by Theodor Groeneboom (Prime Focus) and Sven Neve (House of Secrets). There were several very effective and useful techniques showcased in their compositions, and I am looking forward to sharing them with you at the meeting. I have included some screenshots of the shots as a preview.

We will also preview Fusion 6 at the meeting. Even if you saw Fusion 6 at Siggraph, I have some new capabilities to show off, and much better examples of real world production use of the new features. I will also have a stereoscopic monitor on hand, so you can have a look at the upcoming stereo workflow built into Fusion 6.

Generation will be shipping at the end of the month, so I also wanted to highlight a part of Generation that we didn't look at too closely in the last meeting - Generation player. This is the part of Generation that sits on every compositors desktop, allowing disk based playback and the ability to see how your shots are integrating into the project as a whole.

Finally, I ran out of time at the last meeting for the Fusion secrets and tips, so we didn't really get to some of the more interesting tricks. I will finish that off with a look at some extremely useful presets you can create, a look at using macros as LUT's, and some very useful scripts. This time I should have a DVD ready for you to take away as well.

Pierre from RE:Vision FX has provided a door prize for the LA User group meeting. We will draw for 1 copy of RE:Flex for Fusion at the end of the meeting. :-)

RSVP to lauser@eyeonline.com is not required, but would be appreciated so I can ensure there is enough food and drink for everyone.

--------------------

Thanks

Isaac Guenard
eyeon Software

www.eyeonline.com