Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mac User Support - MPC New York
24th February 2012, 01:49 #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Mac User Support - MPC New York
MPC is one of the world\'s leading postproduction facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for the advertising, music, television and feature film industries. The company works with and continually invests in new technologies, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team, which develops and maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created.
MPC Advertising Technology department is responsible for the design, specification, installation, commissioning, maintenance and support of all hardware and software technologies used throughout the global MPC advertising business. Advertising specific technology is integrated with MPC NY core global technology to build flexible Advertising workflows on common infrastructure.
Mac OSX and Mac hardware is used throughout MPC in Design, Editorial, Datalab and Production departments running Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and MPC Applications amongst others. Mac Support. Engineers are key members of the New York Advertising Technology support team looking after users, hardware, software networks, storage and rendering.
- Day to day support of Mac Users, Workstations, servers and networks
- Support for Designers using Adobe Creative suite
- Software management and centralized deployment
- Liaising with Production and other non-technical staff
- Project management and co-ordination
- Dealing with specification suppliers
- Developing and maintaining standard working practices
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Ensuring common working practices and standards across MPC sites
- Potential for occasional international travel
Education and Experience
- Solid experience of Mac OS and managing Macs in a networked production environment.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Broadcasting and Encoding techniques.
- Problem solving, the ability to resolve issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to work to standards and processes balanced with the need to be pragmatic and flexible.
- Self-motivated, organized and focused taking pride in the quality of all aspects of work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical problems to end users.
- A good team player able to interface with MPC technical resources across multiple locations.
- Takes responsibility for carrying out all tasks commensurate to the role to ensure the on-going support for production.
- Has the ability to remain focused and work well under pressure.
- Flexible approach is essential to the role to enable to work across multiple time zones and tight deadlines, which may require working outside normal working hours. The role also includes some occasional on-call duties.
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Last edited by alina.aphayaraj; 24th February 2012 at 01:52.