Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
27th March 2012, 02:03 #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
Luma Pictures - SR Lighter Position
Senior Lighting Artist
Luma Pictures is an artist centric feature film VFX studio located two blocks from the beach in Santa Monica, California. *We maintain a unique culture with an amazingly talented staff and are always on the lookout for exceptional people for full time and project positions.
- Lighting look development for integration of CG elements into Live Action
- Lighting look development for full CG shots
- Look development for CG assets, including construction of clean and efficient shading networks
- Creation of tools and scripts to facilitate workflow
- Mentoring junior artists and helping them troubleshoot shots
- Develop methodologies for reduction of render time and improving quality of results
- Artist must be proficient in Maya, as well as all modern lighting and rendering techniques
- Knowledge of Arnold, V-ray or equivalent renderer is necessary
- Understanding multi-pass rendering and compositing is required
- Artists must be able to take direction and work in a team-focused environment, good communication skills are a must
- Must possess strong time management skills and be extremely organized.
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations.
- Los Angeles Residents or willingness to relocate preferred • Relocation assistance may be available subject to negotiation
If you think you fit the bill and want a quick response, upload your reel/portfolio and a shot breakdown to www.lumapictures.com. If you prefer to send hard copies, you can submit a resume, reel, shot breakdown and cover letter to:
Attention: Recruiting - [Lighting Artist]
1424 2nd St
Santa Monica, CA 90401