Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Image Engine-Compositor-R.I.P.D.
17th April 2012, 03:39 #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
A compositor must present a show reel highlighting candidate\'s advanced skill and eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition. It is extremely helpful if each shot shows at least \"before\" and \"after\" versions, if not more explicit layer build-ups. Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, team player, and the ability to take direction are essential.
HERE\'S WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
• The Compositor’s role is to devise and execute the strategy to effectively solve compositing challenges within the pipeline
• Compositing duties
• Composite multiple types of shots from simple to difficult
• Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that are to be seamlessly integrated into the film
• Tasks include blue/green screen pulls, balancing and creating shadow elements, color correction, wire & rig removal, roto, dust-busting, morphs, transitions, background replacement, day-for-night, dry-for-wet and a host of other 2D issues.
• Report to the Compositing Supervisor for the overall look, attitude and style of the production
• Work closely with lighters and matte painters to finish shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates
• Other duties
• Clearly communicate progress and issues
• Be willing to understand and act upon direction
• Accurately address critique and comments from leads/ supervisors, and ensuring that revisions are completed in a timely manner
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Mentor junior Compositors and BG Prep & Roto Artists
• Attend dailies as required
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• At least 3+ years experience with a high-level film node-based compositing system, preferably Nuke
• Linux experience, including use of shell and command-line tools
• Fully understands an “iteration intensive” shot pipeline
• Should have strong aptitude for technical workflow challenges such as directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies, etc.
• Good understanding of photography and film and how the interactions of light, lenses and film emulsions go to make up the image
• Python scripting is desirable
• Ability to take direction and structure working practice so that design changes can be efficiently made
• Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging shots
• Strong communication skills are essential
• Meticulous and methodical work habits
AS FOR THE DETAILS…
• Company: Image Engine
• Location: Vancouver, Canada
• Start date: Early May
• Posting date: April 16, 2011
Let’s connect. Don’t just tell us you’re the right fit -- show us. Send us a resume, demo reel link, and breakdown. Read about Image Engine , our culture, our work, our ideas. Imagine what it might be like to work here and tell us why you think you would love it. Not only that, tell us why you’d love to make Image Engine an even better place to work.
Just one rule:
To apply for this position, send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. (I PROMISE we’ll contact you if you impress us.)