Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Flame Artist at The Mill NY
30th May 2012, 23:42 #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
Flame Artist at The Mill NY
The Mill is a world-leading commercial VFX house with offices in the world’s most important advertising hubs; London, NY and LA. Our passion is for great ideas, beautifully executed, that engage audiences irrespective of platform, device or venue. We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands, who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships, understanding that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences. Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
The NY office is currently looking for Flame Artists with at least 5+ years experience. It is vital that our Flame Artists have a reputation for producing images that are original and stand out in a commercial break as this reputation attracts the type of high profile work The Mill has become renowned for.
• Creating and compositing special effects for commercials, music videos and broadcast projects from co-ordination of all 3D and live-action elements and visual effects design through to final compilation.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of Flame software, the technology used in the post-production process including current technical specifications, video and data formats and a working knowledge of film, video and shooting techniques for VFX compositing.
• Lead meetings with clients, attend shoots and advise upon the most effective ways to shoot for special effects.
• Must have an in depth awareness of client requirements and the ability to communicate creative ideas and co-ordinate and guide those clients through a creative process, often with a great deal of diplomacy, to achieve a result which is satisfactory to all.
• Works with directors, VFX Supervisors, Editors and CG Supervisors to facilitate production of elements in preparation for compositing
• Responsible for guiding and training junior Artists and ensuring the creative output of the whole department is to a standard befitting our worldwide reputation.
• Constantly research, develop and adapt new and current ideas and techniques.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in commercials
• Must be client facing.
• Degree in visual arts a plus
• Knowledge of Nuke a plus
If you are interested in applying please send your reels with shot breakdowns to email@example.com with Flame Artist in the subject line.