Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
7th June 2012, 03:55 #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Senior Look Dev Artist - Image Engine
SENIOR LOOK DEV ARTIST (HARD SURFACE/ CREATURE)
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, have the ability to take direction positively, work well within a team, and thrive under pressure of tight production deadlines. They must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create final look developed assets and lighting setups for distribution
- Write and/or modify custom Renderman shaders to realize the desired look for production integration
- Define standard render passes
- Assist in developing standard lighting rigs & setups for verifying aspects of look development.
- Keep supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues
- Work closely with Lead Lookdev Artist, Lead Lighting TD\'s and supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & color pipeline requirements
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Communicate with the shader developer in order to ensure all necessary parameters and functionality are included in production shaders
- Work closely with texture artists to create necessary texture maps for application to creatures, props and environments
- Assist the Lead Look Dev Artist in training junior Look Dev Artists and newcomers
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- 4+ years look development experience and lighting experience in feature VFX required
- Possess familiarity with asset management systems and procedures
- Some experience with scripting/programming languages (python, MEL, PERL, C, C++, shell scripting)
- Basic knowledge of general Renderman shader writing & rendering is a plus
- Strong knowledge in Maya, Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies. Knowledge of VRay is a plus
- Familiarity with Mari, zBrush, Mudbox, or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus
- Ability to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality
- Ability to take direction positively, working well within a team, and thriving under pressure of tight production deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills
AS FOR THE DETAILS…
- Company: Image Engine
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Start date: early June
- Posting date: June 6, 2012
To apply for this position, send in your resume, reel and breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.