Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
10th July 2012, 02:23 #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Shader Writer- Image Engine Vancouver
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, have the ability to take direction positively, work well within a team, and thrive under pressure of tight production deadlines. They must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Enable the creative direction of the Visual Effects Supervisor and CG Supervisor(s) via the construction of shaders and lighting/rendering solutions that enable artists to efficiently perform their tasks
• Continue to develop knowledge and experience using the Renderman Shading Language and mental ray shading code
• Work actively on shots in production to apply lighting and rendering solutions and other techniques to create shots that are technically and creatively excellent
• Assist in bridging the gap between lighting/rendering and compositing and assist the Compositing Supervisor in streamlining the way elements are using in comp
• Anticipate problems and troubleshoot all aspects of the lighting and rendering pipeline in conjunction with the CG Supervisor(s) and Lighting Lead(s)
• Mentor junior Shading TD’s on an ongoing basis
• Contribute to an accurate and successful bidding process and help define the overall creative direction of the film division at Image Engine
• Other duties and responsibilities consistent with your position as may be assigned to you from time to time
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• 5+ years experience as a shader writer in high end projects (film or television)
• Knowledge of advanced rendering techniques, including HDRI, SSS and Global Illumination
• Thorough knowledge of shading language
• Work in conjunction with lighting TD\'s and R&D Programmers to ensure shots can be delivered to the very highest standard.
• Excellent understanding of RenderMan\'s Shading Language.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential
• Knowledge of C++ and Python a bonus
To apply for this position email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read \"Senior Compositor - your name\".
Applicants are required to submit their resume, reel and breakdown and the following additional information should be included in your email to us:
The date you are available for work, 3 recent references we can contact, and your rate/salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.