Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
11th July 2012, 22:58 #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
SENIOR LOOK DEV ARTIST (HARD SURFACE/ CREATURE) - Image Engine, Vancouver, BCSENIOR LOOK DEV ARTIST (HARD SURFACE/ CREATURE) - Image Engine, Vancouver, BCContract: 6 months starting ASAP
Project: various projects
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, have the ability to take direction positively, work well within a team, and thrive under pressure of tight production deadlines. They must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Create final look developed assets and lighting setups for distribution
• Write and/or modify custom Renderman shaders to realize the desired look for production integration
• Define standard render passes
• Assist in developing standard lighting rigs & setups for verifying aspects of look development.
• Keep supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues
• Work closely with appropriate Leads and Supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & color pipeline requirements
• Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
• Communicate with the shader developer in order to ensure all necessary parameters and functionality are included in production shaders
• Work closely with texture artists to create necessary texture maps for application to creatures, props and environments
• Assist in training junior Look Dev Artists and newcomers
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• 4+ years look development experience and lighting experience in feature VFX required
• Strong knowledge in Maya, Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies.
• Basic knowledge of general Renderman shader writing & rendering
• Some experience with scripting/programming languages (python, MEL, PERL, C, C++, shell scripting)
• Ability to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality
• Ability to take direction positively, working well within a team, and thriving under pressure of tight production deadlines
• Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Possess familiarity with asset management systems and procedures
• Familiarity with Mari, zBrush, Mudbox, or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus
To apply for this position email us at email@example.com. The subject should read \"Senior Look Dev Artist - your name\".
Applicants are required to submit their resume, reel and breakdown and the following additional information should be included in your email to us:
The date you are available for work, 3 recent references we can contact, and your rate/salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.