Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Default Expressions in Combustion

Hi All!

We're looking into getting Combustion, one question: are there any expressions in Combustion? Can they be used to link parameters? I'm looking for Shake type functionality with expressions.

Thanks.

Cheers, Iggs.

Default Re: Expressions in Combustion

Now there's no way to make any expression in Combustion, there's only the parent relation between the layer...
    Anyway, I suppose this is the discreet idea to improve down combustion in relation to its products of tip.

Hi,

Currently expressions are not available in Combustion.

There is the parenting and targeting of layers available. You cannot link effects paramenters together but you can copy keyframes from one value to the next which would be performing the same function essentially.

In terms of working with the curve in the timeline, there is a facility called Math Operations which is from our systems products. This tool can simulate some of the functionality in expressions....

Regards
    Grant

Discreet UK

Thanks!

Too bad there's no expressions, I really like Combustion (got the demo).

Cheers, Iggs