Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Default Supported under Windows XP ?

Hi all.

Can Nuke run under Windows XP? My reseller does not seem to be getting back to me on this subject. I only see win2k and linux as the supported OS' on the d2software.com website.

Thanks in advance...

C.

Well it depends on your hardware (especially on the graphics card). in my case it works fine on winXP (with ATI card) but you you should try it out before. I heard from some people that they are having problems under XP.
    hope that helps

Hmm, really? Thats interesting... So which ATI card do you have? And are there any specific drivers one needs to load?

well I've an ATI FireGL2 card. reallly works fine and fast! No special drivers. but as i said: try to get a demo version and test it. it's worth it.

Default It runs on XP

We succefuly tested it with Gforce MX440 and Gforce FX5700ULTRA, both not profesional cards. I dont think you could have any problems with video card. Nuke UI behave very well.

throb@d2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebros
    Hmm, really? Thats interesting... So which ATI card do you have? And are there any specific drivers one needs to load?
    I have a quadro fx1000 at home and nuke runs fine on winxp.

personally, i would say to avoid ati with nuke usage. it's not a supported card so you could run into problems. it's good that you're not of course, but bear that in mind when making a gfx card purchase.

Any word on running nuke on the new Nvidia 6800GT or ultra cards? (I know they're game cards but XSI loves 'em) They seem to be popular with our 3d guys, nuke will run on that as well I presume?

Thanks for any input, (hehe)

C

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebros
    Any word on running nuke on the new Nvidia 6800GT or ultra cards? (I know they're game cards but XSI loves 'em) They seem to be popular with our 3d guys, nuke will run on that as well I presume?

Thanks for any input, (hehe)

C
    i imagine nuke will run fine with any newer nvidia card.
    we have quadro 750 cards at work and i have tested on my quadro fx card.
    i can't imagine any real issues you'll run into.
    all the developers have nvidia cards, as does the support team.