Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Hybrid View

Default more gmask questions

Hey again, still trying to hammer out glitches and such...so it's stupid question time! yippee!

I'm trying to figure out how to get combustion files to talk properly with Inferno. Is there a limit to the number of garbage masks that can work in one scene? I know I've mentioned this in another post but I need to find out if there are limitations here and whether I've reached them...

I know combustion's gmask export works fine if it's just one mask getting export to the Inferno, but there are very few times where I'll be exporting just one mask. So how many seperate masks can be imported at one time? Can they all be in one gmask file, or do they have to be in seperate ones?

So I guess basically has anyone out there created their masks in combustion, exported them as gmasks, then successfully import them and manipulate them in Inferno? Are you able to key around the garbage masks? Again I apologize if these are newbie questions, but I've kinda gotten thrown into a spot here and need to find out as much as possible as soon as possible. Are there any resources online that specifically talk about how to have the compatiability of the two systems to work smoothly? Any help would be appreciated at this point. Thanks again.

I nerver had serious problems with exchanging gmask-data between the systems. And I often had more then one mask in a setup. Which Versions do you use?

Cheers Nanuk

combustion 3 and inferno 4.7.2

O.K. i use Inferno 5.5 and Combustion 3.01. I don´t know, perhaps there is a missunderstanding between the version? Sorry.
    Cheers Nanuk

Ok then I'll try a different approach, just for a checklist kinda thing, what steps would you take if you where exporting say 5 masks within one draw mask operator to Inferno. Is there any settings on the individual masks you adjust before exporting as a .GMask?
    Just kinda trying to tear this apart from as many angles as i can figure out as possible. Thanks again.

Turn every Interpolation Curve to everything but bezier. FFI does not understand bezier and problems can occur.

Where are you in Canada?

In Toronto.

Are there other ways of getting multiple masks into Inferno then?
    Thanks.

I don´t think so. But I got nightshift. Perhaps I can play around a little bit.

Are there many postproductions in Toronto?