Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wacom wide format tablets in linux

anyone tried one of the wide format 6x11 or 12x19 tablets on a linux box yet?

I downloaded the driver from the Wacom website and everything works fine!

how are you liking it? is it the 6x11 or 12x19?

Default Re: wacom wide format tablets in linux

Quote Originally Posted by blumediaprojekt
    anyone tried one of the wide format 6x11 or 12x19 tablets on a linux box yet?
    We're the using the 12x19 on Linux (FC4), and it works great now... Especially for Paint work. The installation can be a nightmare though, depending on how you install the driver (only the latest 0.7.3-1 developer and 0.7.4-3 production drivers work with the 12x19). Also, expect difficulties installing it depending on what your config is, if you have a sysAdmin, I'd recommend letting them do it.

And if all else fails, talk to Discreet...

-jan.

Anyone tried the Wacom Cintiq?
    It is te one that has a lcd monitor in the tablet. Would be awesome to use it with Flame

I don't know how awesome it would be to have to switch to a 1280x1024 display in flame.

I own the 6x11 with a Sony FW900.

Personally not that fussed about the wide tablets because using a square one gives you space at the top to put the keyboard. Do those little buttons and the ribbon at the side on the Intuos4 do anything in Flame?

I was curious about that too (the buttons). I was wondering if there was some sort of config app in linux to remap those things to keystrokes for play, schematic, etc etc like the quantel guys do :wink:

anyways, I havn't got a linux box anyways, just curious about it

i'm supposed to be testing piranha on linux soon though, maybe that will be a good chance to try one of these things out

Quote Originally Posted by loops
    Personally not that fussed about the wide tablets because using a square one gives you space at the top to put the keyboard. Do those little buttons and the ribbon at the side on the Intuos4 do anything in Flame?
    I don't know about the flame, but on an I3 with combustion, those buttons streamlined roto a ton for me. I even set the touch strip to act as a scroll wheel, and used it to zoom in without moving the stylus, set one of the larger buttons to act as the spacebar, so I could also pan just as easily (not that the spacebar was exceedingly difficult to reach..

It's not like you're going to replace your keyboard anytime soon, but for me the touch strip made it all worthwhile.