Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Thread: Books on Shake

Default Books on Shake

Hi,

Does anyone have a recs for books on rotoscoping in Shake? I generally use After effects but we recently purchased a copy of Shake and I'd really like to be using it more...

I've looked through the manuals and have the Shake 4 Apple Training, but just wondered if there are any resources for becoming a decent rotoscoper!?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Matt.

hi.
    pheraps, you can see this video:
    http://effectscorner.blogspot.com/20...ng-part-1.html
    it's amazing.
    I don't know a specific book for rotoscoping.

The Shake manual will have some good info on Rotoscoping. There is a great article on Fxguide here http://www.fxguide.com/fxtips-243.html

Practice makes perfect with Roto.

You can also roto in Photoshop and import the image sequences into shake. works pretty good.

Thank you for the replies, they're both very useful. I'm asked more and more to do roto work in my job, and it never seems to look as good as it could so hopefully this will help!

Dont use photoshop to roto, if you have acess to shake then rely on that. using photoshop does not allow for you to view your masks in motion and they will bubble and pop.

Nothing substantial has been written on roto in terms of books, but the books already mentioned and Mark Christiansen's After Effetcs : Studio Techniques also has a good chapter or two on rotoscoping.