Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Default Problems downloading

I am getting an error message when I try to play the latest podcast:
    "Couldn't open the file because a bad public movie atom was found"
    Any ideas what this means?
    Paul

Hey Paul -- I'm not getting that. Can you try redownloading and see if it happens via the direct download?

This is on the fxguidetv page....http://www.fxguide.com/fxguidetv.html

Hey Paul -- I'm not getting that. Can you try redownloading and see if it happens via the direct download?

This is on the fxguidetv page....http://www.fxguide.com/fxguidetv.html

Got it to work!
    But bizarrely not using quicktime but VLC media player.

Paul
    Paul

I received this from P2log about an update... Maybe it has something to do with it. If not it's an FYI.
    Brian

The new QT 7.3 changed (slightly) how null values within the MOV file header are defined. Apple, for some unknown reason, departed from the long standing zero (0) designator for a null setting--now a minus one (-1) value = null. This small change (which may have been an oversight?), causes QT Player and any QT based application attempting to play the MOV file to fail since the QT engine no longer knows what action to perform when a zero designation is encountered.

Since MOV files already existing with a zero designation are no longer playable, it is unclear at this point whether Apple will fix the problem in later QT updates or not. There are numerous applications providing QT files that may have been affected by this problem, and you may have many older QT files created by Apple applications that will not open due to this problem.

That could be it as I don't have the latest vsn (using vsn 6 pro).

Paul
    Paul