Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Hybrid View

Default 10-bit RGB Rendering in Final Cut

I am working on a RED workflow where we create 10-bit RGB files but I am reading that Final Cut Pro can't render in 10-bit RGB. Does this mean I should render any effects in another program like Shake, Motion or After Effects and import them back into Final Cut Pro for the conform?

Quote Originally Posted by euge04 View Post
    I am working on a RED workflow where we create 10-bit RGB files but I am reading that Final Cut Pro can't render in 10-bit RGB. Does this mean I should render any effects in another program like Shake, Motion or After Effects and import them back into Final Cut Pro for the conform?
    Not true, if you change the settings in the sequence video settings it will work in full resolution above even 10 bit internally. If you are in doubt listen to this week's Red Centre podcast Graeme Natress (Red CTO) and I discuss this very point

Mike

Default Awesome.

Thanks. Good to know.