Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Default Universal Mastering and hybrid edits

I had an SD master rejected because it had hybrid edits. I do a ton of national spot work
    and have never had this problem before. Our workflow has always been to create a 23.98psf
    HD master, then resize to SD progressively and add pulldown. Has anyone else had this problem. The duplication house is DG in LA...

They are smoking something. We work exactly the same way, and have never had a spot bounced for hybrid edits. We mostly ship to DG in Chicago, though.

that blows! seriously, I have never heard of that. Honestly, I remember reading in a network Super Bowl's specs one year that it was required that all NTSC Digibeta Masters have continuous pulldown. I believe this was in order to help the MPEG encoders remove pulldown or something weird like that.

I work the same way you do. Resize, Add 3:2, play it out.

randy
    mill ny

I was a little nervous the first time a spot went out with a jitter-frame 2-pop or first frame, but seriously...no one has ever said anything, and that was ~500 spots ago.

I work with DG alot, and also master at 23. I have never heard of anything being rejected for "hybrid" edits, but I (and the company I work for) always checks to make sure that the first and the last frames of the spot are not jitters (blended with black), and we also slate after the downconvert to the spot has been performed. This way you never have a blended two frame.

its helpful