Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.

Default Combustion 2008 CRASHES during duration/speed changes

Hello all!

I've been working with Autodesk Combustion 2008 on my iMac for the past week. I came across a major problem yesterday when I realized that every time I import high definition motion graphics such as smoke onto my Pro Res footage and try to change it's speed, duration, and frame start/end points...it completely crashes within seconds. This isn't good because this is for a final project in which I have to apply this smoke footage to all my my clips (over 60 of them).

If anyone could enlighten me as to why this may be happening I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and if you can tell me how to fix it. That'd be swell too.

I would give up on C2008 on the Mac and Run the PC version in Bootcamp. Might not solve your Quicktime issue though.

Try converting your ProRes footage into image sequences. I seem to remember that combustion has problems with certain flavors of Quicktime. Try targas instead.
    Mark Robben