Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Engineer - MPCLA
5th January 2011, 23:38 #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Engineer - MPCLA
Job Title: Engineering (MPC122010)
Location: Santa Monica, California
Relocation: Not offered for this position
MPC is one of the world's leading postproduction facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for the advertising, music, television and feature film industries. The company works with and continually invests in new technologies, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team that develops and maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for the position of Engineer. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance technical skills, offers experience with state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
The Engineer works in collaboration with VFX Supervisors, Compositing Supervisors, 3D Animators and Production staff to advise management and clients on the development of visual effects solutions from pre-production through final shot delivery.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Ensure systems run reliably and perform as required
• Work with the team to design, develop and implement/install software tools and programs to achieve the desired functionality of the production stages
• Work with the Systems team to develop tools and systems to increase
• efficiency of the systems infrastructure
• Identify upcoming requirements, recommend and implement solutions
• Provide technical support for VFX Artists using mainly Linux workstations
• Take ownership of and assist the team with various evaluation, installation, development and decommissioning projects
• Keep abreast of latest developments in data based workflows, knowledge of audio and video systems, Autodesk products as well as working practices of high-end commercial postproduction
• Artist support: oversee deployment of workstations, calibration of monitors, general IT issues (email, Internet access…)
• Manage preventative maintenance schedules
• Act as an expert resource on equipment issues
• Work with Producers, Artists and Operations to understand individual projects and advise on strategies to streamline services and achieve client objectives within budget and technical limitations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows system administration experience
• Knowledge of programming with C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python, bash, tcsh, and Perl
• Understanding of technologies such as MySQL, NFS, Apache, Subversion and RPM
• Engineering level knowledge of standard CG and compositing applications (Maya, Houdini, Mental Ray, Flame, Nuke …)
• Experience with render farms and queuing systems
• A good grasp of storage and networking concepts and techniques, computer hardware and operating system
• Able to develop and enhance any aspect of the production and editing systems
• Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into production pipelines
• Excellent communication, people skills, and team working skills
• Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please send resumes to: TDP.Recruitment@technicolor.com