Beta memo: at this time the forums and insider use two different registration and login systems. We're working on unifying the process, so if you register with your same e-mail on the forums and insider we'll merge your accounts later. To access the forums please use the login below. -Thanks.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
25th January 2011, 08:06 #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Stereo Paint Artist - Burbank, California
Job Title: Stereo Paint Artist
Location: Burbank, California
Department: 3D Conversion
Reports To: Stereo Compositing Supervisor
Overall Purpose and Objective
The Paint artist is responsible for removing objects from both still and moving images by filling in missing image information in an accurate and seamless way. This includes creating clean plates from original source frames as well as patches for occluded surfaces, objects and characters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sequential / non-sequential painting of missing plate details on frames
- Recreating data due to breakout / layering process
- Filling in character volume extensions and / or edge refinements
- Removing artifacts from an image
- Work closely with compositors and supervisors to identify frames requiring paint work
- Work closely with Production to maintain a seamless workflow
- Bachelor of Art degree or equivalent experience. BFA preferred.
- Proven experience in the application of traditional painting, illustration and or matte painting skills within the film industry.
- Solid understanding of composition and layering techniques within the 3D Conversion workflow
- Solid understanding of color, lighting and degraining / regraining techniques is a must
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop as the primary painting tool plus Nuke and / or Mocha Pro
- Strong acuity for visual detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and data management skills
- Ability to work well in an artistically driven environment
- Ability to take direction from the Stereo Compositing Supervisor and / or Paint Lead
- Possess a keen eye for detail and is able to maintain a consistent level of quality in standards on a day to day basis
Local candidates only. Relocation assistance is not available for this opening.
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please send resumes to: TDP.Recruitment@technicolor.com