Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rohit
    Participant

anyone using 2011 yet ??

xuefeng xu
    Participant

Beta testers of 3ds max and Maya 2011 have had access to Composite 2011. What information are you looking for?

-Eric

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

hows the new paint ?

xuefeng xu
    Participant

In some areas it is leaps and bounds ahead of where Combustion was. Being able to scale size and opacity at the vertex level is great. Also, the clone mode can have the shape transform multiply the rotation, scale, and shear to the cloned information. So for example, if you rotate the shape with x Shape enabled for rotation the cloned information inside will rotate along with it.

It does still lack some features from Combustion like text (which I may be able to come up with some ways to handle this) and B-Splines, but overall a much more powerful tool, IMHO. Go check the this thread over at VFXTalk for some more information about what I have done with it.

-Eric

summerJ
    Participant

are you sure you do not break any NDA´s here???

xuefeng xu
    Participant

Yes the product(s) has been announced and we have been encouraged to speak about it. We can speak about what we know about the release.

-Eric

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

is there any integration with matchmover ?

Michael Pekic
    Participant

no integration.
    if you buy maya, or 3dsmax, you get composite and matchmover thrown in into your bag.
    time will tell, what part of which programm goes into what other programm and if this will happen at all. adsk exchange format of choice seems to be fbx and i would guess they will extent on this.

as for composite new vector paint, if you look at it from a retouching and roto point of view, it is pretty cool, as eric wrote. i a still missing some workflow enhancements, but i do like it.

cheers,
    rayk

pixelmonk
    Participant

“adsk exchange format of choice seems to be fbx”
    Shame it doesn’t work properly!

Paul

Michael Pekic
    Participant

what’s your beef with it?

-rayk

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

isnt that working fine now ? i remember earlier there were always problems with versions not matching between maya/flame or maya/toxik..tot that was fixed ?

pixelmonk
    Participant

Well we have XSI and Maya and have never had much luck with getting to work straight out of the tin, lots of toing and froing.

Paul

Makayla Crespo
    Participant

2012 Composite will have no new features, but will contain bug fixes. Read this on Autodesk Area from a reliable source.

xuefeng xu
    Participant

That is correct 2012 will be a bug fix release.

-Eric

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link