A book Problem !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    coolchipper_vb
    Participant

Hi Ron,
    Well nowdays my eyes are always on your “The Art and Science of Digital Compositing” .Well in the matt creation chapter there is a piece of technique

as you said ” Assume we are working with an image shot on a blue background. The first step the color difference method involves the creation of a new image in which this blue backing is suppressed to black. This is done by selectively substituting the green channel for the blue channel in every pixel in which the existing blue component has a greater intensity than the green component. In other words, for each pixel,

If Blue > Green
    then New blue = Green
    else New blue = Blue “

so you is telling to substitute the green channel for the blue channel and then put a condition. I tried a lot to do this in nuke. But ended scratching my head.So please give me a script or something to demonstrate this or anything which can clear my mind.Thanks

Ramazan
    Participant

i don’t know nuke(yet)

but in terms of logic ops i think its something like this…

perform a MAX on the red and green then (SUBTRACT) this value from blue. you will then need to invert to get the matte.

if it was a green greenscreen then swap the blue and green nodes in the above.

Eddie Bagayawa
    Participant

thanks p gill.i will try that

JaneBeerkle
    Participant

A great logic shared by you in your post, I like it. I am working in hamlet gertrude service and always read your posts in free time. I am a project manager in it so I read about those posts which strong my logic.

Quaneti
    Participant

I roughly agree with your logic. But if you really want to read an interesting and useful book, I would recommend you to read the book “To Kill A Mockingbird”, which you can read about here. This is an interesting and fascinating book that has an unusual plot that will definitely impress you. The events unfold during the Great Depression in the fictional town of Macomb, so it will definitely be interesting to many. I recommend it from my own experience

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link