Home Forums Autodesk/Discreet Toxik buying a composting software from Autodesk

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi. I’m planning on buying a composting software from Autodesk. But when I browsed through their products, I saw that there are about 6 of them. They are:

Combustion
    Flame
    Smoke
    Toxik
    Inferno
    Lustre

I’m working on an animation which requires separate rendering passes due to the fact my machine can’t render the entire scene all at once. It is really just a simple scene with two characters talking but is made memory-intensive by the presence of hair. Right now, I speculate that Combustion is the best choice for the job. But do any of you say otherwise? Any opinions about which of these products I should choose?

Anonymous

Hi.. Isn’t Combustion discontinued? Are they still selling it on their Website? Toxik, now known as Autodesk Composite.. I think, is free now on Autodesk Exchange Website. Smoke is on Mac only (I think about $3.5k), and others mentioned are very high-end (I know Flame is updated, but not sure about Inverno and Lustre components) and expensive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.