Ep 73 Korean Redrock Knock offs??

Home Page forums Podcasts redcentre Ep 73 Korean Redrock Knock offs??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rick Floyd-Walker
    Participant

Hi. Great episode as usual. I always enjoy listening to the show and as far as I’m concerned the longer the better so I don’t think you should ever apologise for going over time:).
    When talking about the Redrock microEVF I heard Jason mention the “Korean knock off kit” that he has replaced with Redrock kit. May I ask what is his opinion on the quality of the kit and how it compares with the Redrock kit. I know that the obvious answer is that you get what you pay for but does the difference in price relate directly to the difference in quality?

The reason I ask is because when I was an engineer/fabricator a common procedure for gathering your own set of tools was to buy a cheap but large tool set and as the individual tools broke you would replace that particular tool with a higher quality, more expensive version. That way the tools you would use most often and would therefore get more abuse would be the one’s that you would have invested in more heavily. The tools that you used less often and as such would get less wear and tear you could get away with using the cheaper, budget variants.

Could this process be used when procuring kit such as Follow Focus and Rail Rigs for a DSLR. Buy cheap kit then replace the broken bits with higher quality versions as and when.

In the long run it is obviously a more expensive route but in the short run you have a functional rig for less immediate outlay.
    Best Regards
    Rick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link