Home forums Autodesk/Discreet Combustion heat distortion with Combustion

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alyssa Parrish 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Amey

Hi,

i have 2 layers. one is a missile and the other one is the fire (cg fx). The background is a slow animation of the earth in space.
    i need to create a heat distortion with Combustion and i don’t have any plugin for the moment.

thanks

You can create heat distortion with an Idistort node (or whatever combustion may call it). You can create a particle emitter that pumps out tiny little polygons, use an Idistort with the background, and then feed the Idistorted polygons into the alpha channel. The next step is to slightly color the distortion.

I hope this makes sense,

I could break it out how to do it in Nuke but I’m not fully rounded in Combustion.

Jonas Ussing

hey thanks for you answer
    i finally did something by animate a crumple filter … it is very simple but
    it does a great result. i didn’t want to use particles because i find them to complicated and i don’t know much about it …but thanks a lot!

burhan

make sure you add a gausion blur to the particle emmiter or for faster render a
    box blur. This will soften the matte and displacement. Works very well. Tinder box
    has a nice heat haze plugin that works really well. I think Auroix has some too if
    they are still around. These are also Ae Plugs so they should work well with combustion.Chow!

chris

in the past ive used a particle that looks like steam and tracked it to where i want the distortion. set the size/rate etc and then cut it off that fotage and paste it on a black solid thats the same rez/frame rate etc. this becomes a secondary input to a displacement operator applied to the primary footage.

//gD

I use this technique:

– create a fractal noise material on a solid layer
    – using curves change the color in red and green
    – add the Displace op on the layer you want distort using the Curves op as source (X green and Y red channel, or vice versa)
    – add the Compound blur using the same source.

There’s another cheap way:
    – add noise
    – and blur it alot

Alyssa Parrish
    Participant

With the combustion of the heat this has been distorted by the normal temperature that was my laptop which has all data. After the combustions of the PC on the https://www.bestessayuk.com/ website some backup was available but max has been lost.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.