LCD on Onyx2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wshep98
    Participant

I know this has been asked before but there didn’t seem to be a clear cut answer. I’m running Inferno on an Onyx2, IR2, 1920×1200 and am tied of trying to find replacements for the 24″ CRT and would love to replace it with a 24″ Dell or some other LCD monitor. Obviously the Onyx2 has the 13W3 connector that I currently have going to my CRT via RGB. I have the 2nd channel feeding a AJA HD10A which feeds my Panasonic Broadcast HD LCD via SDI.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kaustubh Satam
    Participant

We succesfully ran a Eizo Cg240W for quitee some time on the Onyx2 with Inferno 6.5.1. It actually looked better than the current range of Eizo’s we have on our newer flames. There was a custom graphics driver that you needed to install but later versions of Inferno did that for you. Also took some messing with IR combine to make a HD mode that our 4 RM’s liked.

Shannon Gans
    Participant

Years ago Autodesk/Discreet spent a lot of time to the Sony LCD working on the IR graphics set and it did seem to work well.
    There were special combination files and a special 13W3 to HD15 cable was required.

The few customers who did use this did seem happy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link