Lustre 2010

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Lehnert
    Participant

Can you work with .r3d files in a conformed project in the 2010 version of the Lustre? Do the .r3d files need to be debayered to DPX files before work can begin on a film?

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

yes, once the R3d fles are imported via wtc

shannones riders
    Participant

In usual cameras debayering takes place in the camera as part of the image processing. RED cameras don’t do any image processing inside the camera, this gives you the freedom to change the processing settings later. You’re supposed to do this image processing first and afterwards you can continue your work.

Merrill DataSiteF
    Participant

So you can’t work with R3d files in a conformed project sourcing the 4k data like you can in a Scratch system? I am looking at conform solutions that can source the R3D files in the color correct session that does not need debayering until after the session is finished.

Jolly Imran
    Participant

No I don’t think you can do that in Lustre. From what I understand only Scratch, Apple Color and maybe Baselight can do that. Pablo debayers the r3ds on import and Lustre needs dpx.

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

so go with scratch 5 ? the new ver looks pretty good

Joe Tester
    Participant

Another option would be IFX Piranha or Ant, just finished a Red project with Piranha and its Red workflow is quite nice.

ghsnyc
    Participant

@euge04 29560 wrote:

Can you work with .r3d files in a conformed project in the 2010 version of the Lustre? Do the .r3d files need to be debayered to DPX files before work can begin on a film?

you can work with r3d files natively in Lustre with version 2010… only the IFFFS packages had to use WTC before start doing anyhting…

if you are on a fast box you get 2k realtime playback Half good… like it is on Baselight etc.

so no need to go the scratch route if you want to stay in Discreet* Land

./ivar

Merrill DataSiteF
    Participant

So you can conform a project from the native R3d files adjusting color balance and geometry from the RAW data?

Can a timeline be a mix of R3d and DPX files in the Lustre?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@euge04 29614 wrote:

So you can conform a project from the native R3d files adjusting color balance and geometry from the RAW data?

Can a timeline be a mix of R3d and DPX files in the Lustre?

Hi Euge, on Lustre you can mix r3d and dpx on same project. And you can mix it with quicktime and captured video too. With r3d you can do whatever you do with any other footage.

Vladimir

Merrill DataSiteF
    Participant

Excellent. Good to know. I appreciate the tips.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link