Media Cache

Home Page forums Autodesk/Discreet Toxik Media Cache

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lex
    Participant

Does anyone know how to change the location of Toxik’s media cache on a mac. Can’t seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks.

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

isnt that setup when one installs the software ? or has something changed for the mac release ?

ideaaxis
    Participant

Yes, this was done on install. I would now like to point the media cache else where, but can’t find anything that relates to its location. Any ideas? I might just reinstall. Thanks.

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

its prolly in /volumes/hardiskname/mediacache ?

ideaaxis
    Participant

Toxik.ini is located in system drive –>Library/Application Support/Toxik

Amir Shabazz
    Participant

@lex 28919 wrote:

Does anyone know how to change the location of Toxik’s media cache on a mac. Can’t seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks.

Hey,

sorry I am not 100% up on the MAC version, but if you can find the TOXIK.ini file. You can change the location within that file. Just make sure you del the old one and assign a new location in the toxik.ini file and it will created it. You can even put it on a attached drive or whatever if you want.

Cheers

ps. With in the MAC you can use the righclick and open the program directory and see the contents of that and I am sure it will be in there. on the PC it is in TOXIK/etc/ Hope that helps.

Cheers

Net Perin
    Participant

You can find the Toxik.ini file for your mac here.

library/Application support/Autodesk/Autodesk Toxik 2010

You need to look in the library directory in your system disk not the one in your user directory.

Hope this helps.

Rambo

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

just remember to adjust the size of the cache, if required, when u change the location.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link