May 10, 2018 at 1:51 am #226275
Are you a Modelling Supervisor interested in working on fully-animated and hybrid feature films? We are seeking Expressions of Interest for a Modelling Supervisor position as we start to confirm our slate of projects.
What you’ll get to do:
• Partnering with the asset production team, art director, producers and project supervisors to bid each project
• Working closely with the R&D and TD teams to develop a project-appropriate pipeline and tools, using both commercial and proprietary software
• Collaborating with the CG and VFX supervisors and asset supervisor team to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
• Recruiting, managing and mentoring all artists in the modelling department
What you bring:
• 10+ years of experience in a supervisory or lead position on fully-animated or hybrid feature films
• An interest in pipeline, processes, tools and techniques with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and practices
• Expert-level experience with Maya modelling tools and with Zbrush; familiarity with Marvellous Designer, Reality Capture or other photogrammetry software will be helpful
• The ability to successfully lead a team of modellers, at a studio level, potentially across multiple, simultaneous feature film projects
• Experience creating state-of-the-art characters, props and environments, both realistic and stylized.
• A strong artistic eye, a solid understanding of the technical requirements of modelling, good communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
What you’ll need to include in your application:
• A demo reel showing examples of professional feature-film work that you have supervised
• Examples of personal modelling work that highlight your understanding of form, anatomy, and good topology
• Excellent references from former supervisors, producers, co-workers and/or team members
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/modelling-supervisor-expression-interest/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, which will be released this year in Australia on the 22nd of March. In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.