Nuke bought by Foundry

Home Page forums Applications Nuke Nuke bought by Foundry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shervin Shoghian
    Participant

hmmm, interesting development indeed. Wonder if they will, bring the price down, to compete with cheaper products. Isn’t Furnace close to the same price point of Nuke itself.

Interesting to see what happens.

swerve.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They should absolutly drop the price. I just hope they don’t change it too much. A prettier interface is all that should change, if that.

Saran Sirikasamsap
    Participant

would be interesting to see if they actually DID change it..and integrate something like furnace as a standard module..

spencers
    Participant

nah… just turn it into a spark for flame.. 😈

Isaac
    Participant

NICE!!!!

about time autodesk had some freakin’ competition! can’t wait to see what they do with it. hopefully it will become what Cyborg never had a chance to become….

filip
    Participant

Competition?
    I’ll bet Autodesk is going to buy out The Foundry soon.

fourt-wells
    Participant

I don’t like to try and jump ahead and speculate..
    I’m not sure how much attention D2 could pay to the product, considering they also have lots of productions to tend to. I’m hoping that theFoundry will be able to put a good focus on Nuke and push it to really compete in the marketplace.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, (only speculating) I understand that this will probably mean they’ll fork it and continue with a foundry version and the in-house d2 version will continue on it’s own path – but I REALLY hope the Foundry is going to maintain a relationship with D2 and get all of the good code coming out of the mothership. One of the best things about Nuke, IMHO, is that it was being constantly battle tested and seemed to be moving in the right direction at a decent pace. Would hate to lose that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link