OpenEXR File format

Home Page forums Autodesk/Discreet General (Discreet) OpenEXR File format

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sven_vb
    Participant

hey fellow compositors

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the OpenEXR format to work with FFI. I just red the documentation on this format and would love to benefit from it.

grtz sven

Anonymous
    Inactive

I posted a similar question on Flame-News yesterday and I’m still waiting for an answer. We will have to wait for Discreet to think about that I guess…

rohit
    Participant

i just hope we have openEXR channels soon..and EXR support in the keyers!

ShellyM
    Participant

This is the new information on flame 2009

– However do note that its says 16bit float…strange…

# Extended OpenEXR® workflow for compositing high dynamic range (HDR) files directly in Action—ideally suited for compositing CG elements from applications like Autodesk® Maya® or Autodesk® Toxik™ software.
    # Extended OpenEXR® workflow for HDR 16-bit floating-point files.*
    # Support for 16-bit floating-point processing has been extended to the Color Warper and Color Corrector for greater control over the entire original color range.*

I was always under the impression that FFI was unable to work beyond 10 -12bit due to its linear capabilities.

sidewalksurfing
    Participant

flame can import open EXR files with limitations right now. Autodesk is in the process of rewriting the application to work in 16bit half float. Many of the nodes in batch now are 16bit compliant with the exception of the Keyers ( master keyer and modular keyer). i think there are a few other minor nodes outstanding as well, but can’t remember them all. Right now flame cannot take advantage of EXR’s multichannel format. It’s no secret this is a big priority for autodesk , i think there will be a lot more coming with this stuff in the next few releases.

hope that helps

tim

rohit
    Participant

i think the keyer inside the CW supports 16bit float processing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link