Projection

Home Page forums Applications Nuke Projection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    faimoimal
    Participant

a standard question about 3D projection.

case 1:
    footage+camera imported from boujou.

I project the frame 1 of my footage on a card, using the camera imported data, i see it through my camera imported.
    so on frame 1, camera = camera of projection. (same position)

Even I move my card (x,y,z) it doesn t affect the projection. The image looks the same when i see it through my camera.

case 2:
    footage+camera imported from boujou

I project the frame 1 of my footage on a card. i see it through my camera but here my camera is set by myself (x,y,z) with a very different angle.
    so on frame 1, camera â‰* camera of projection.

My projections works well. BUT if I move my card in Z. it does affect the projection. (scale etc…)

WHY?
    If anyone has an aswer?
    3d guys !?!
    cheers

Shekhar Rathore
    Participant

Frank Rueter has an nice Nuke projection tutorial here that may help you answer your question:

http://tinyurl.com/ya754zh

you can also see more of these same tutorials at higher quality here:

http://tinyurl.com/35j99a

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks
    I have checked it, and checked this one as well :
    Rig Removal
    Frank Rueter shows you how to cover up unwanted rigs using 3D projection. (8min 14sec)

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/dl_file.aspx?ui=294ED4BC-62AE-45C0-B621-08600D4A7796

BUT i don t understand why does he projects the all footage on the card using the uv space, instead of project the last frame (still) on the card with a regular 3d projection.
    do u understand why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have noticed that u loose a bit of quality when using the 3d projection into uv space vs simple 3d projection.

I have compared the two methods on one case: footage: an establishing shot-landscape. I projected on a card a still frame, rendered (render camera mode) and one using the same settings but renderin in uv mode used the new texture for my card.
    The result show me that u loose a bit of quality. the texture is bit blurry using uv texturing.
    Is there a way to fix this ? or as nuke rendered a splat map of the texture, so it is normal that u loose the sharpness of the original image/texture?!

Jan
    Participant

@faimoimal 29558 wrote:

I have noticed that u loose a bit of quality when using the 3d projection into uv space vs simple 3d projection.

I have compared the two methods on one case: footage: an establishing shot-landscape. I projected on a card a still frame, rendered (render camera mode) and one using the same settings but renderin in uv mode used the new texture for my card.
    The result show me that u loose a bit of quality. the texture is bit blurry using uv texturing.
    Is there a way to fix this ? or as nuke rendered a splat map of the texture, so it is normal that u loose the sharpness of the original image/texture?!

…you can set the filter options to get better quality when using a 3D card within Nuke. Ths would be located in your scan line render options tab, I believe the default is cubic which might be softening your footage, etc… I might not be totally correct however I see a difference when I change it to something other than cubic like simon. This also happens when you use a transform node as well…hope that helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link