Recovering from tracks that go wrong

Home Page forums Applications Imagineer Systems Recovering from tracks that go wrong

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wally Rodriguez
    Participant

Welcome everyone!

So I’m learning Mocha at this time and I was wondering if anybody knows how to recover from tracks that go wrong because of highlights or motion blur problems. The way I do it now is to track a plane until it goes bad and then do another track, but I’m wondering if anybody has discovered any tricks to fix a bad track.

I have used “Adjust track” with mixed results but it does not seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance

W.

Nikola Vucenovic
    Participant

Hey there!
    There are a few techniques to dealing with highlights and lots of blur. One being to simply babysit the shape as you track and keyframe to avoid the highlights. Using the add shape to layer button will allow you to add multiple shapes to one layer. When the add shapes are within the layer – they will do a subtraction to the track data and when outside will add to the plane track.

What I ususally do, is monitor the track and if I visually see something go off, will back up some frames and adjust the track shape.

The adjust track module is a very powerful way of locking in your track data to avoid drifts.
    I would view the adjust track tutorial for monet as it is the same for mocha and will help out a lot.

Best of luck!
    -Ross

@wallywld 23833 wrote:

Welcome everyone!

So I’m learning Mocha at this time and I was wondering if anybody knows how to recover from tracks that go wrong because of highlights or motion blur problems. The way I do it now is to track a plane until it goes bad and then do another track, but I’m wondering if anybody has discovered any tricks to fix a bad track.

I have used “Adjust track” with mixed results but it does not seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance

W.

Devon Veller
    Participant

Hi Ross:

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the tutorials and at some of the fxphd lessons.

The project I am using to learn has a man holding a stand-in for a credit card for a little over 21 seconds. The card has trackers, but when it gets a heavy hit from a highlight, the track goes nuts and I have not found a way to come back to the original. Using other shapes has only worked on occassion because the card is small and when it hits glare, it usually takes over the whole card.

In this case, adjustrack does not work either. I was hoping that there would be a way to do some manual adjustment to put the track back in place, but have not found a way to do this.

Another question, there is a curve editor but I can’t do anyting with the curves and have found no documentation.

How is the curve editor (the animation channels) used?

Thanks in advance.

W.

Devon Veller
    Participant

Another problem that we’re running into here is this error that comes up that says that an invalid configuration has been detected and points are being returned to their original positions. The problem is that once this error is displayed, we can’t seem to do any more keyframing. The error comes up no matter what point in the adjustrack we’re working with and basically everything stops.

How can we identify the bad keyframes, etc. ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link