Reverse time

Home Page forums Applications Shake Reverse time

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need to make my clip play backwards, should be really easy, just never had to do it in Shake before.

Thanks in advance.

CR

John
    Participant

@BioticPictures 27966 wrote:

I need to make my clip play backwards, should be really easy, just never had to do it in Shake before.

Thanks in advance.

CR

In the source tab of your FileIn, change the firstFrame to the last, and the lastFrame to the first.

Tanner Bartlett
    Participant

thanks a lot!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So we want a SF equivalent to a time turner, but with anchor points, an no copies…

How about a brain interface chip BIC or similar device with a builtin tachyon reciever… that is, it can communicate with itself in the future. It would rewrite the memories of the person it is sending back in time. The anchor points can be the time where the tachyon reciever is on its not always on, because it would take up too much power, which it doesnt have much of, since it receives all its power from the brain its in

Your vision of them seeing time moving backwards could just be them experiencing their memories being written in reverse chronological order

This could allow you some interesting plot devices to use as well… For example, receiving these memories would mean that the chip or a replica? must exist at the point in time in the future in order to send those memories back to itself, or there would be a time paradox which the universe doesnt allow. the person, and all organic matter in his/her brain can be destroyed, but it would be impossible to destroy the chip… Its proven not to happen because of the tachyons that were recieved earlier This could mean the hero would know that even though he e.g. ostensibly has a 70 chance of dying in a violent explosion if he attempts to save another person, theres no way it could happen, because it would destroy the chip as well…

A plot hole with an interesting cover as well: If you receive memories from a chip, then you could theoretically cause some mechanism to destroy the chip if you die, and then perform heroic and dangerous acts, knowing that you are guaranteed to live through it. However, those individuals that would do such things would never be able to receive the memories… This is because the universe will not accept paradoxes, no matter what, and so such situations are extremely unlikely to arise, since you are more likely to e.g. die from a heart attack than to survive crashing your car into a rock wall at 120mph. This explanation can give the text a naturalistic feel… You could perhaps have someone attempt this, successfully plant in his head a bomb to destroy the chip in the case of his death, and have him become paralyzed by a freak accident before he has the chance to try to kill himself.

This touches on some weird time-travel-related ideas I had a couple months ago… Ideas so weird that I found myself testing my sanity with a random number generator… Its complicated

Damn… I wish i had the time to write a SF novel…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link