The VIEW Conference, held in Turin, Italy from October 23-27, has announced their initial list of speakers who will be presenting at the event. Registration is now open for the show, with prices starting at 100EUR for students and 200EUR for professional freelancers. More details can be found on the VIEW web site.
VIEW has become one of of our favorite conferences on the yearly calendar and it once again has a great and diverse lineup of speakers. The success and quality of speakers at the conference is a reflection of the passion of conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez, who has lead the conference for 13 years.
It’s an important event that brings high level vfx, games, and VR industry professionals to share their craft and inspire artists in southern Europe (and the attendees from all around Europe). The diverse lineup of speakers in the main hall is also one of its strengths, as artists can expand their knowledge by learning about other areas of the industry.
The conference takes place over five days and features talks, workshops, panel discussions, interactive sessions, and even a slate of awards. The initial lineup of speakers was recently announced and includes the following:
- Rob Pardo– CEO, Bonfire Studios. Renowned videogame design career including World of Warcraft– VIEW Keynote Speaker
- Eric Darnell –Chief Creative Officer, Baobab Studios whose career includes co-directing & co-writing allDreamWorks’ Madagascarfilms and projects includingInvasion,Asteroids, Rainbow Crow and more. – VIEW Keynote Speaker
- Phil Chen–Co-founder, HTC VIVE. A technology explorer and investor who is Managing Partner of Presence Capital VR/AR Venture Fund and Partner,Horizons Ventures who investin VR/AR/AI.
- Paul Debevec–Senior Staff Engineer, Google VR and Oscar Winner
- Kevin Lin– Chief Operating Officer, Twitch.TV
- Christopher Townsend – Overall VFX Supervisor,Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
- Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge of ILM x LAB
- Mark Osborne – The Little Prince and Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks Animation
- Kris Pearn – Director The Willoughbys, Bron Animation and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 Co-Director, Sony Pictures Animation
- Shannon Tindle – Director/Writer, Sony Pictures Animation, Disney, Laika, Google Spotlight Story On Ice
- Cinzia Angelini – Director, upcoming CG Animated short ‘Mila’
- Hal Hickel – Animation Director, Rogue One, ILM. Oscar and BAFTA Winner
- Rob Coleman – Head of Animation, Lego Batman Movie, Animal Logic. Two-time Oscar nominee for his work on Star Wars
- Kim White– Director of Photography – Lighting, Cars 3, Pixar Animation Studios
- Noelle Triaureau – Production Designer, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Animation
- Mike Ford – VFX Supervisor, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Carlos Zaragoza – Production Designer, The Emoji Movie, Sony Pictures Animation
- Maureen Fan– Chief Executive Officer, Baobab Studios, VR
- Larry Cutler– Chief Technology Officer, Baobab Studios
- Eloi Champagne – Technical Director, National Film Board of Canada, VR
- Claudio Pedica – Senior Interaction Designer, Sólfar Studios& AI researcher at Reykjavik University
- Michael Rubin – Founder and Chief Photo Officer, Neomodern
- David Putrino – Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.Director of Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill-Cornell Medical College. Chief Mad Scientist, Not Impossible Labs.
- Victor Perez – VFX Supervisor, Gabriele Salvatores Invisible Boy sequel
- Francesco Filippi– Director,Mani Rosse (Red Hands), Studio Mistral
- Ed Hooks – Multi-faceted theatrical professional, actor, author and acting teacher.
Visit the VIEW Conference 2017 website for more information and speaker updates.