The Book of Boba Fett is a Disney+ created by Jon Favreau and starring Temuera Morrison, Ming-Na Wen and Pedro Pascal. It is part of the Star Wars franchise on TV, taking place after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983). It is a spin-off from the series The Mandalorian. In this episode, the team discusses both the series (which frankly they did not like) and the visual effects (which they did). It is always hard to separate the hard work of artists from other aspects such as Direction and Writing.
The discussion moves from issues and approaches to episode direction, to a complex discussion of Neural Rendering and Virtual Production.
As it is discussed a lot in the podcast, it is worth noting that the show had 7 episodes:
- they were all written by Jon Favreau and for episode 6 Favreau and Dave Filoni.
- Episodes 1, 3, & 7 were directed by Robert Rodriguez.
- Episode 5 by Bryce Dallas Howard and Episode 6 by Dave Filoni.
Drinking in the Sanctuary in Mos Espa this week and deciding on Armour or Lighsabre are:
- Matt ‘Stormtropper’ Wallin * @mattwallin www.mattwallin.com
- Jason ‘Darksaber’ Diamond @jasondiamond www.thediamondbros.com
- Mike ‘Freetown Wantabee’ Seymour @mikeseymour. www.fxguide.com
* Matt actually has played an actual stormtrooper (for real) in Star Wars.