This week’s podcast reviews the latest MCU film: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is a visually remarkable film with plenty of action, humor, and stunning visual effects. The performances of the cast are right on brief, and Gunn’s direction is balanced and strong. The film is a fitting conclusion to the Guardians’ trilogy. Technically the film demonstrates the state of the art in character animation, rendering, simulations, compositing, and visual effects staging.
The two main VFX houses on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 were Framestore and WetaFX.
Below is a sample of Framestore’s Baby Rocket tests:
This week’s Guardians are:
- Matt ‘ Wallin * @mattwallin www.mattwallin.com.
- Follow Matt on Mastodon: @[email protected]
- Jason Diamond @jasondiamond www.thediamondbros.com
- Mike Seymour @mikeseymour. www.fxguide.com. + @mikeseymour
- Follow Mike on Mastodon: @[email protected]
- *Special thanks to Matt Wallin with help from Jim Shen for editing the show.