This week we talk to Glenn Melenhorst VFX supervisor and Ineke Majoor, VFX producer at Iloura in Melbourne about their Emmy-nominated work on Game of Thrones “Battle of the Bastards”.
Iloura does featured film and television episodic work, recent projects include Ted, The Great Gatsby, Ghostbusters and Mad Max: Fury Road, for which they received an Oscar nomination. Seth MacFarlane called Iloura’s work on Ted “the finest character animation I’ve ever seen on film.”
fxguide first interviewed Glenn and Iloura ten years ago, for the VES nominated Charlotte’s Web in 2006.
Outstanding Special Visual Effects Nomination:Game Of Thrones “Battle Of The Bastards” HBO
HBO Entertainment in association with Bighead, Littlehead; 360 Television and Startling Television
Glenn Melenhorst was Iloura’s VFX Supervisor, and he was nominated along with :
- Steve Kullback, Lead Visual Effects Producer
- Joe Bauer, Lead Visual Effects Supervisor
- Adam Chazen, Visual Effects Associate Producer
- Derek Spears, Lead CG Supervisor
- Eric Carney, Visual Effects Plate Supervisor
- Sam Conway, Special Effects Supervisor
- Matthew Rouleau, CG Supervisor
- Michelle Blok, Previs Supervisor
The 68th Emmy Awards key dates:
September 10 & 11, 2016
Creative Arts Awards and Ball
September 18, 2016
We've been a free service since 1999 and now rely on the generous contributions of readers like you. If you'd like to help support our work, please join the hundreds of others and become an fxinsider member.