Here at fxguide we've been previewing the upcoming SIGGRAPH Asia 2012 in Singapore. The conference is now only two weeks away (November 28th to December 1st), so we thought we'd run through a couple more highlights, including the program locator, technical briefs and posters, and more on the impressive technical papers.
You can still register online for SIGGRAPH Asia up until November 20th. Click here for details.
Attendees can now download the conference locator, a pamphlet showing the location of each talk, paper and presentation. See the pdf here.
This program presents fresh research results in graphics and its relationship to audio, image, video, and human-computer interaction. Included in the presentations are invited sessions on facial tracking and animation (which will feature Paul Debevec and USC's Light Stage) and a 'computer vision meets computer graphics' session. Here's a listing of just some of the many animation, virtual environment, rendering, modeling and other topics.
- Visual Simulation of Freezing Ice with Air Bubbles
- Automatic Shape Morphing for Chinese Characters
- Edge-Preserving Image Decomposition using L1 Fidelity with L0 Gradient
- Video Enhanced Gigapixel Panoramas
- Gradient Domain Salience-preserving Color-to-gray Conversion
- MRsionCase: A Glasses-free Mixed Reality Showcase for Surrounding Multiple Viewers
- Robust 2D-3D Matching for 3D Object Pose Detection
- Realtime Animation and Rendering of Ocean Whitecaps
- A Time Series 3D Hierarchy for Real-Time Dynamic Point Cloud Interaction
- Computing Defect-Insensitive Geodesic Distance on Broken Meshes
- Basic Level Scene Understanding: From Labels to Structure and Beyond -
- Real-time Manga-Like Depiction Based on Interpretation of Bodily Movements by Using Kinect
The SIGGRAPH Asia website notes that the Posters part of the conference is "an interactive forum for innovative ideas that are not yet fully polished, high-impact xvideos practical contributions, and offer a behind-the-scenes view of new commercial and artistic work, as well as cool "tricks" that solve challenging problems." There will be posters in the fields of animation and games, image and video, interaction, mixed reality and modeling and rendering.
Trailers for Art Gallery, Emerging Tech and Technical Papers
Below check out the SIGGRAPH Asia preview trailers for these areas of the conference - always a good way to see what's on offer.
We've been a free service since 1999 and now rely on the generous contributions of readers like you. If you'd like to help support our work, please join the hundreds of others and become an fxinsider member.